Mercury

Moderator: Franck

Kozima

Mercury

Post by Kozima »

Mercury has a surface similar to that of the Moon, but its surface temperature is 400 degrees Celsius. Mercury's surface temperature is 400 degrees Celsius, because it is closest to the Sun. It also has a magnetic field unique to Mercury, with its core covering 85% of its diameter. Furthermore, it is a mysterious celestial body with an extreme elliptical orbit and the presence of volatile elements. First of all, just after its birth, Venus was born between Earth and Mars. But ..... something huge collided with it, the effect of which threw Mercury toward the Sun. In addition, the mantle is thought to have been stripped away as well. This would also explain the elliptical orbit and core retention. However, this still does not explain the extreme giant impact, which would volatilize Mercury's volatile elements. Thus, the story of Mercury's birth is shrouded in mystery. Other ways of birth include that it was originally formed near the Sun, but the Sun's strong stellar winds vaporized Mercury's mantle. .... But this would not show water in Mercury's permanent shadow or volatile elements. Thus, the mystery remains. Perhaps a small-scale celestial collision could explain it, but that, too, is problematic and cannot explain the absence of a mantle. Mercury also retains a magnetic field, which was first observed by the U.S. spacecraft Mariner 10. Mariner 10 photographed 46% of Mercury's surface. Its next generation spacecraft, Messenger, also has a huge ceramic structure umbrella that protects the probe. If memory serves me correctly, it observed Mercury's gravitational field and observed a percentage of Mercury's core. They also observed the presence of ice in Mercury's permanent shadow. Perhaps the source is a comet or asteroid. If this is correct, we may also find that the giant impact theory of Mercury is correct. Several volatile elements could also have been supplied by this comet or asteroid
Kozima

I'm sorry

Post by Kozima »

Sorry, I wrote the "Mercury" part in Japanese. The correct word is "Mercury".